UPDATE: Firefox 18.104.22.168
Firefox 22.214.171.124 has been released.
A new version of Firefox has been released. This version of Firefox is a security/stability release and I believe it may be the last 1.x.x.x version before 2.0 is released, provided no other security issues pop up.
Some of the issues addressed in this release include:
- Chroma Scheme loading remote content has been fixed.
- Crashes with evidence of memory corruption
- Native DOM methods can be hijacked across domains
- Code execution through deleted frame reference
The remaining security issues can be viewed at the Firefox website under Release Notes.
If you still don't have the best browser out there, click on the image below to get the latest Firefox version.
UPDATE: Well, count on me for jinxing the release. :-) Version 126.96.36.199 was just released because of a Windows Media streaming issue. Make sure you update your Firefox today.
There's another post on the release over at MozillaZine.
Jonathan Danylko is a freelance web architect and avid programmer who has been programming for over 20 years. He has developed various systems in numerous industries including e-commerce, biotechnology, real estate, health, insurance, and utility companies.
When asked what he likes doing in his spare time, he answers..."programming."
Like this article?Subscribe for FREE to receive the latest posts before they become public.
- Yes, McAfee SiteAdvisor stopped working!
- Firefox News: Good and Bad
- Firefox Update to 3.5.7
- Create a Firefox that matches your personality
- Firefox Optimization Add-Ons
No comments are posted.