ErrorZilla is a unique way to replace the error page in Firefox when it can't connect to a web site.
Instead of viewing the old gray screen, ErrorZilla replaces it with a newer and fresher approach. Why not try to determine where the problem lies.
The page is displayed with a Firefox logo and 5 push buttons:
- Try Again - we all know what this does.
- Google Cache - It retrieves the page from Google's cache.
- WayBack - Use the wayback machine and look at an older copy (Need some clarification on this)
- Ping - Pings the current site to see if its down.
- Trace - trace route utility to find out where its clogged.
- Whois - Who owns the site domain and site details.
ErrorZilla shows a better way to handle errors with a little bit of style. Granted, you may not be able to get to your page, but there are utilities to help you determine what the problem is.
Simple and does what it should. Awesome extension.