Everyone reads blogs nowadays and everyone is looking for a quick way to scan through each blog postings. If you are like that, then this extension is not for you. Personally, I pick select blog postings, push them into tabs, and read them later.
Paragrasp is an extension that highlights a paragraph you're reading. With a single keystroke, it will automatically scroll the page and highlight the next paragraph for you.
According to the website, the newest version fixes a couple bugs and improves paragraph finding on certain webpages.
After installation of the extension, I visited a couple web sites containing lengthy blog posts. I gave Paragrasp a runthrough. After using the extension for two days, I found myself using the mouse to scroll instead of the default CTRL-Down Arrow or CTRL-Up Arrow.
The complete list of shortcut keys are listed below:
- Ctrl+down to move down one paragraph
- Automatically scroll the page for you Ctrl+up to move up one paragraph
- Use the mouse wheel to move as well.
- Ctrl+middle-click to jump to a paragraph
- Right-click, "Paragrasp Here!" to jump to a paragraph
- Ctrl+Shift+S to jump to where the mouse is
- Ctrl+Shift+C to clear the highlight
- Ctrl+Shift+A to move with only arrows
Overall, I found the extension to be helpful. It provides a way for users who are reading long blog posts to not lose their place in the article while keeping the current paragraph always highlighted and centered.
Is Paragrasp the equivalent to a larger print version of Reader's Digest? :-)